Sterling Studio Return/Refund Policy
The Sterling Studio refund and return policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have passed since your purchase, then your purchase may not be returned and will not be eligible for refund. If you had your purchase delivered, you have 30 days from shipper’s estimated date of delivery. The Sterling Studio does not offer store credit in lieu of refunds.
To be eligible for a return, your item must:
- Be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
- The tag that came on it when you received it, must be intact and in place.
- It must be returned in/with the original inner packaging and with comparable protective outer packaging to what you received from us.
- A legible printed paper copy of the purchase receipt must accompany the return.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned or refunded including the following:
- Shipping Costs
- Items damaged during shipping or due to shippers
- We take no responsibility for stolen packages
- Custom commission designs
- Items that have been altered for purchase
- Toe rings
- Nose Jewelry
- Cuff bracelets
- Discounted items
- Post earrings, hoop earrings or any earring without an easily replaceable, simple ear wire ear attachment. Qualified earring returns will incur a $6.00 fee for new ear wires before restocking
- Gift Certificates
Manufacturing defects are up to the Sterling Studio to determine. If your item’s inspection determines that it has not been worn beyond its means (see criteria below) and your return has met the above listed criteria for a qualified return, then a refund will be issued or the item replaced or repaired (if we can) – it’s your choice. If your item has a legitimate manufacturer defect your return shipping will be refunded but not original shipping costs.
*Sterling Silver is the Softest precious metal alloy you can buy as jewelry. Not only does Sterling scratch easily, it also bends easily.*
- Excessive bending on the bottom of a ring can dislodge or damage a stone/s on the bottom, top and the sides
- Gloves, hand tools, carrying heavy items, hard to open containers or knobs and certain types of employment, hobbies or sports are hard on rings and bracelets – especially Sterling and thinner finer designs. Keep this in mind and temporarily remove jewelry in these situations. It can help you keep your pieces intact longer.
- Wearing thinner, finer pieces on your non-dominant hand will help preserve your rings and bracelets.
- Clorox, Bleach or chemicals in general are NOT good for any jewelry or stone.
- Not using the correct jewelry cleaner or misuse of correct jewelry cleaner can harm your pieces. Chemicals come with labels- read them!
- Longer chains can get caught more often in or on things.
- Cuff bracelets are usually more expensive to fix than the original purchase price. Getting one that fits you, makes a HUGE difference in the longevity of the cuff. Prying a cuff open to put it on and squeezing it back together once it is on, will break your bracelet one day. That first bend, pry or squeeze is all it takes to damage the cuff. Every bend after that just worsens the damage until one day it cracks. This is why Cuff Bracelets are NOT returnable or refunded. While we do repair some cuff bracelets, there will always be issues with the repaired area.
- Chain clasps and the attachment ring between the clasp and the chain can be pulled apart gradually over time or by hard yanks or tugs. Try to remember to check those two areas seasonally if you are really active and/or wear it a lot. Sleeping in your jewelry, sweaters or ‘snaggy’ clothing, high collars, scarves, some hats, kids, pets, shoulder straps and seat belts are hard on chains and earrings.
- Post earring post backs can become loose over time. Tightening them gently from time to time will keep them snug on the back of your ear.
We want you to be able to enjoy your purchase for a long, long time.
~Remember “Jewelry is body adornment, not body armament”~
Once your return is received and inspected, you will be notified that your return item has arrived. You will be notified of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed immediately, and a credit – less the shipping, will be applied to your credit card or original method of payment as soon as the banks and the processors do their thing.
Late or missing refunds
If you think you haven’t received a refund in a reasonable amount of time and you’ve checked your bank account, remember two things:
- Banks and processors DO NOT always work instantaneously as they advertise or promise they do. We very often do not receive payment for 48 hours or longer even when the transaction has been posted.
- The Sterling Studio is a VERY small business and there is only so much that can get done in a day.
Call and you will be given the time, date and amount of the refund that was issued including any transaction ID information able to be obtained and shared in order to help your search. Be sure to have your copies of all transaction information prepared before you call. We need to be sure that we are legitimately speaking with you, the purchaser, and about the correct item and transaction.
NOTE – When sending items to the Sterling Studio be sure to use the correct address for your method of shipping or mailing
To return your product, you should send your package to:
- SHIP TO: 341 S. Jefferson Street – Dayton, Ohio 45402 – IF using Shippers vs the USPS
- MAIL TO: P.O. Box 1536 – Dayton, Ohio 45401 – If using the USPS
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning any item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of original shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your item/s to reach you may vary.
If you are returning more expensive items, it is recommended that you use a traceable shipping method or purchase shipping insurance otherwise there is no guarantee that your returned item will arrive here.
TELEPHONE – 937 228 2278 Listen to and follow instructions for assistance, leave a message including both:
- The reason for your inquiry
- Your contact information
Messages are checked frequently. Your call will be addressed shortly.
VISIT – 341 S. Jefferson Street – Dayton, Ohio 45402
Use the large FREE parking lot at the colorful K-12 building.
Walk around the Jefferson St. side of the building. Go past all the planters to the very end of the building just past the garage door. There you will find The Sterling Studio’s entrance nestled in between the two Mermaids. Ring the door bell or gently tap on the shop window – or maybe do both.
EMAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails are usually addressed once daily.